Enhancing the Spirit of Community and Improving the Quality of Life
Over forty years ago, forward-thinking leaders in Wayne County formed our community foundation. Thanks to their efforts, we now have over $40 million dollars in assets to support our community today.
Over the last 40 years, the Foundation has received more than $41,500,000 in gifts and awarded nearly $28,200,000 in grants and scholarships.
During 2017 alone, The Foundation awarded $1.73 million in grants, distributions, and scholarships over the course of the year.. As usual, support for education is the single largest program category we address, with scholarships alone accounting for nearly $500,000 of that distribution.
The Wayne County, Indiana, Foundation, Inc. exists to foster and encourage private philanthropic giving, to enhance the spirit of community and to improve the quality of life in the Wayne County, Indiana area now and for future generations.
To accomplish this mission, the Foundation will:
- Be responsible stewards of contributed assets in accordance with donor wishes and the governing instruments of the foundation.
- Champion private giving for the public good among the people of Wayne County.
- Provide a flexible, efficient and lasting way for donors to accomplish their philanthropic goals.
- Make grants and provide counsel and assistance that will have a significant impact upon recipients and will address community needs.
- Encourage collaboration and cooperation among funders and service providers to address community needs.
- Serve as a catalyst when Foundation leadership is necessary to focus attention on critical needs in Wayne County.
More Information Coming Soon.
Women’s Giving Circle: Women Helping Others
Girls Just Wanna Give Giving Circle
Women’s Leadership Conference
Nonprofit Networking Lunches
Network and Knowledge
Today. Tomorrow. Forever.
“Thanks to those of you who donate time and funds to promote the well-being and the best hopes of our fellow citizens and our community.” — Len Clark, Board Chair