Wayne County Foundation is Hiring a Communications Coordinator
The Wayne County Foundation is growing and we need a great candidate to fill our newly developed Communications Coordinator position. This will be a direct support to Forward Wayne County (FWC), as well the Foundation’s community engagement efforts. Read below for the full details and if you are a fit, apply!
Communications Coordinator Job Description
Key responsibilities of the Communications Coordinator:
- Communicate the work of the Wayne County Foundation, FWC, partners and the community through monthly newsletters, social media and targeted campaigns.
- Research, validate, manage, update, and report out on the progress of key performance metrics using our online dashboards, as well as on our web sites.
- Write articles, blog posts, and special communications as needed.
- Assist FWC Program Manager and Engagement Officer with meetings, online technology, etc.
- Assist with planning, promoting, and organizing events throughout the year.
- Work with Engagement Officer on the annual report and specific donor relation communications as needed.
- Occasionally tackle a few mundane and not fun projects.
Our Ideal Candidate is:
- A writer, because you will be doing a lot of it.
- Confident in a wide variety of social media platforms (bonus if you have graphic design skills).
- More knowledgeable about WordPress than we are.
- Able to take on multiple projects with ease and confidence.
- Quick with data and reporting.
- Creative and has a good eye for design.
- Awesome- good attitude, good work ethic, a team player.
Minimum skills, abilities and knowledge:
- Minimum 3 years of professional work experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Organized and deadline oriented.
- Strong skills with a variety social media platforms, and how to create appropriate content.
- Working knowledge of G-Suite, Microsoft Office, Zoom, MailChimp, and Eventbrite.
- Working knowledge of traditional marketing including radio and newspaper.
What you need to know about working at the Foundation:
- Confidentiality is key. You’ll be required to sign the paperwork.
- We are small. You will be number 7.
- You will be expected to be a self-motivator. We won’t micro-manage you.
- We work hard, but like to have fun doing so.
- Starting salary range for this position is $35k-$40k.
- Company provides health insurance, paid vacation and sick time, along with other benefits.
Other thoughts for candidates to consider:
- This is not a remote position, but does have flexibility.
- Candidates should be willing to reside in Wayne County, Indiana.
If you have the skills for the role, we encourage you to apply. Send an email, a creative cover letter blog post addressing your strengths, and a résumé to Support@forwardwaynecounty.org.
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.