Wayne County Foundation is Hiring a Non-profit Relationship Manager
The Non-profit Relationship Manager will serve as a liaison between the Wayne County Foundation (WCF) and its constituents regarding the work of the Foundation and provide support for the nonprofit organizations in our community.
- Nonprofit Support
- Manage, implement and evaluate the Foundation’s grantmaking program.
- Develop outreach strategies and cultivate relationships with grantees;
- Create and curate resources and trainings to support nonprofit organizations in Wayne County.
- Develop engaging content for the Nonprofit newsletter, website and collateral materials.
- Manage the Foundation scholarship program and serve as contact and support for High Schools, Colleges & Universities and students benefitting from the program.
- Participate regularly in community activities and events to enhance the image and position of the WCF.
- Manage the production of the Foundation’s Annual Report.
- Develop and facilitate the Foundation Awards Program.
- Create and manage events and activities related to donor engagement and stewardship.
- Occasionally tackle a few mundane and not fun projects, i.e other duties as required.
Characteristic, Knowledge and Skills Needed:
- Knowledge of the nonprofit sector, basic principles of fundraising, and communications will help you be successful in this role.
- Being passionate about Wayne County and an interest in meeting new people is essential.
- We need someone who can understand the big picture and get excited to develop the tactics to get each project accomplished.
- Willingness to seek out new ideas and opportunities without waiting for specific directives.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with ease and confidence.
- Must be a team player and enjoy working and collaborating with others.
- Must value good communication and storytelling.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least five years of successful work experience in the nonprofit sector desired.
What you need to know about working at the Foundation:
- Confidentiality is key and you will be expected to sign a confidentiality agreement.
- We are small. You will be number 7.
- You will be expected to be a self-motivator. We won’t micro-manage you.
- We work hard, but make time for having fun.
- Salary range for this position is $45k-$55k.
- Health insurance, paid vacation and sick time, along with other benefits are available.
- This is not a remote position and there are times when we work outside the normal 8-5 workday.
If you have the skills for the role, we encourage you to apply. Share your cover letter with thoughts about how your past experiences align with this position, and a résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.