Spring Grant Cycle
About the Spring Cycle…
Each spring the Foundation offers a grant cycle that is designed to fund projects or programs that benefit the community. This is currently the only grant cycle that funds projects and/or programs.
In order to receive funding, applicants must be a 501(c)3 organization operating in Wayne County, Indiana, or an organization whose project serves a very broad segment of the community. Priority is given to projects which:
- Address a community problem or special project of some significance for which funding is needed but not available through the organization’s regular budget;
- Present an innovative and practical approach to a community problem or project;
- Show evidence of the qualifications and stability of the applicant organization.
The Application Process
To apply for a grant, simply follow the steps outlined below:
- First, carefully read the Guidelines for Traditional Grantmaking Cycles (updated 2020) to assure that you qualify for a grant from the Foundation and are able to supply the appropriate documentation necessary for a successful grant application. Please contact the Foundation before submitting a request greater than $15,000 (read the policy here).
- Second, log-on to our online application software.
- Third, download and complete the Project Budget Form.
Details for Applying
First-time applicants and those who have not been successful with previous online applications are required to contact the Foundation’s program officer, Lisa Bates, prior to applying.
A grant use report and final project budget are to be submitted online February 1, 2022.
The grantee is expected to acknowledge the Foundation’s support of the project or program in all media releases, announcements, and written materials. (logo)
We strive to keep the process easy-to-understand but if you have questions, please do not hesitate to email Program Officer Lisa Bates at email@example.com for assistance.
Application Opens – February 24, 2021
Completed Application Deadline – March 22, 2021
Board Approval of Grants – May 20, 2021
Wayne County Foundation Awards $239,542 in 2020 Spring Grant Cycle
The Wayne County Foundation has awarded $239,542 to thirty-eight local organizations in support of programs or projects designed to enhance the spirit of the community and improve the quality of life across Wayne County.
“Wayne County has many great organizations that deliver needed programs and services to our community,” said Rebecca Gilliam, the Foundation’s executive director. “I am excited to see the impact of the projects that are receiving funding through this grant cycle.”
All of the Foundation’s community grantmaking is made possible by income from unrestricted and endowed field-of-interest funds.
To learn more about the 2020 grantees, click here.