Each spring the Foundation offers a grant cycle that is designed to fund projects or programs that benefit the community. This is currently the only grant cycle that funds projects and/or programs.
In order to receive funding, applicants must be a 501(c)3 organization operating in Wayne County, Indiana, or an organization whose project serves a very broad segment of the community. Priority is given to projects which:
- Address a community problem or special project of some significance for which funding is needed but not available through the organization’s regular budget;
- Present an innovative and practical approach to a community problem or project;
- Show evidence of the qualifications and stability of the applicant organization.
The Application Process
To apply for a grant simply follow the steps outlined below:
- First, carefully read the Policy and Procedures Statement-updated 2019 (pdf) to assure that you qualify for a grant from the Foundation and are able to supply the appropriate documentation necessary for a successful grant application. Please contact the Foundation before submitting a request greater than $15,000 (policy).
- Second, log-on to our Community Force online application software.
- Third, download and complete the Project budget (excel / pdf).
Pre-application Deadline – March 8, 2019
Completed Application Deadline – March 29, 2019
Board Approval of Grants – May 16, 2019
Details for Applying
First-time applicants and those who have not been successful with previous online applications are required to contact the Foundation’s program officer, Lisa Bates, prior to applying.
A grant use report and final project budget are to be submitted online within six months after the grant is awarded.
The grantee is expected to acknowledge the Foundation’s support of the project or program in all media releases, announcements, and written materials. (logo)
We strive to keep the process easy-to-understand but if you have questions, please do not hesitate to call Lisa Bates for assistance.